Monday, July 23, 2012

Steak Lettuce Wraps

I've posted a few times now about how awesome flank steak is.  I've tried it and really liked it in wraps, pasta, and Mexican dishes.  Plus, when you marinate it over night you can pretty much cook and eat it straight, that's how delicious it is!  I did just that for this recipe, and it turned out awesome.
Salt and pepper both sides of the steak and marinate 8-12oz flank steak over night in soy sauce, and a little olive oil.  You can add any other spices you might enjoy as well.  I like things a little simpler so I stuck with the basics.
You can grill it or saute the steak in a pan.  I chose to do the later, I cut it up into slices and sauteed it over medium until it was no longer pink.
In a separate pan saute until tender any vegetables you'd like in your wrap.  I used onion, green, red and yellow peppers. 
Serve over a piece of iceberg lettuce, I also added some avocado on top of mine.  These were really delicious, I made them as a meal for one and had leftovers for the next night as well.  This is a great summer dish as you can grill or spend minimal time in the kitchen and stay cool... drinks help too!  Happy Monday!

Steak Lettuce Wraps
Serves 2 (or one with leftovers!)


Marinade:
8-12oz flank steak
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Wraps:
1/2 white onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 avocado
6 leaves iceberg lettuce


Salt and pepper both sides of the flank steak.
Combine soy sauce and olive oil and marinate the steak for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Slice the steak into two-bite size pieces.
Saute in a pan over medium heat or on the grill until no longer pink.
Saute or grill any vegetables you choose until tender.
Serve over iceberg lettuce and garnish with avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment