Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sweet Potato Dog Treats

I've started making all Mia's dog treats at home as opposed to buying them.  Just like with human food it's hard to tell sometimes what ingredients are really used and what's in them.  I found this recipe, it's simple and they turn out great!  It's one ingredient only, and any dog will love them.
I bought three organic sweet potatoes.  Cut them in slices, I got around 7-8 slicer per potato.   I made them a little thicker, as they dry they get a lot smaller.
Place them on a baking sheet and bake at the lowest temperature your oven will go, mine was 270.  Bake for around 8 hours, then let sit in the cooling oven for a couple more hours.  I baked them all day long then let them sit in the oven overnight.
They dry and shrink, and Mia loved them!  As I was taking pictures for the blog she kept getting her nose all up in my business.  Finally I let her indulge, she's one lucky dog :)

Sweet Potato Dog Treats
Makes ~24

3 large sweet potatoes

Preheat oven to the lowest temperature it will go, 270 degrees F.
Slice the potatoes into 7-8 pieces per potato.
Place on baking sheet and bake for around 8 hours.
Turn the oven off and let sit for another couple hours. 
Remove and let your dog eat them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment