Thursday, October 27, 2011

Soup Spoon Cafe - Lansing MI

A couple weekends ago I took a trip to Michigan State, to see old friends and be in town for the big MSU vs UofM football game.  One of my good friends from college is in grad school and working in Lansing right now, and had scoped out a great place for us to have dinner, Soup Spoon Cafe.  She knows me so well, and honestly picked the perfect place :)  I started out with the pumpkin soup, served with a little whip cream on top.  Amazing.
A couple other people at the table ordered the seafood chowder, which was also delicious.  I could taste that these were homemade soups, which is rare and made me very excited for my main dish.
I ordered the shellfish risotto, and I had trouble not stuffing my face!  It was delicious, and filled with whole scallops, shrimp, and blue crab. 
I had to take a picture of every one's meal, so my friends got a taste of my obsessive food picture taking ;) This is the east side chicken, a chicken breast stuffed with spinach, sun dried cranberries, garlic and goat cheese.  It was served with fresh veggies and rice.
This pork looked amazing, like I said I wish I could have tried everything, but my meal was taking up all of my stomach's available space.  Slow roasted pork loin in a caramelized onion and pepper glaze.  YUM!
And finally the largest salad I've seen in a while.  It was filled with fresh vegetables, and looks just as good as it taste. 
With all the delicious food, two bottles of wine, and the great company I couldn't have asked for a better night.  I will definitely be back to the Soup Spoon Cafe the next time I'm in the Lansing area.  Take a look at their website by clicking here, and if you live in the area take a night to try them out. The atmosphere is very relaxed and comfortable, and the food will leave you very satisfied.  Thank you for the great service and night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment