Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ristorante Limoncello - Boston, MA

After the bike trip we headed to Boston to spend a couple last days with my brother before heading back to real life.  Boston's food is just awesome.  There are so many great, small, hole-in-the-wall places and trying them out is something I really enjoy.  My Mom's favorite place is Limoncello's in the North end of Boston, so we headed there to toast the end of our trip.  My brother's girlfriend joined us as well, the more the merrier!
Olives in olive oil... yes, please!
And freshly baked bread, this was off to a good start.
We started by sharing the scallops which were sauteed in their limoncello sauce and served with baby arugula.  Yum!  The scallops were excellent, and the sauce was so good.  I'm guessing that's how the name of the place came about!
My Mom had the risotto special with shrimp and asparagus.  The risotto was different than I had tried before, it had less of a creamy sauce but was still very delicious.
I ordered the "rosetti al montasio ed olio di tartufo." In case you don't speak Italian it was wide noodle pasta cooked with prosciutto, cheese, mushrooms and topped in a tomato cream sauce with truffle oil.  I have never tried anything like this.  It was bursting with great flavor, and it was really hard to stop eating it.  I let my brother take home the leftovers, but was very sad I couldn't take them on the plane back with me!
We finished with the Limoncello after dinner drink.  This little shot will for sure wake you up after dinner, and hopefully make the walk back to your hotel (or home) a little more interesting :)  

I really loved this place, it's very busy so make sure you make a reservation.  It's worth the wait even if you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment