Friday, January 20, 2012

Acenar - San Antonio

There are so many restaurants in San Antonio on the River Walk it was really hard to pick one!  We ended up at Acenar on New Year's Eve.  We wanted to sit outside, but not have the river walkers bombarding us as we ate.  Acenar was prefect because their patio was a story over the river walk and looked down on it.  We started with the empanadas.  I was super excited to see this on the menu, as I don't often see it, and love them!
They were stuffed with spicy chorizo and potatoes.  There were two sauces on the plate, both of which were very good, but one was super spicy!  Got your attention :)
C got the duck crepes, crepes filled with duck confit topped with an onion sauce.  They were delicious, and pretty large!
I got the fish tacos, which I've started to order more when I try new places.  I really like fish, so it was just a matter of time.  These were really good, and my favorite part was the coleslaw that came on the fish.  So creamy and delicious.
We ended the night by sharing a dessert, and we tried the chocolate mouse.  It was a little different than I thought it would be, but it was SO good!
Good enough for two pictures.  The shell on the outside was hard, but once you scooped through it, it was mouse.  It came with nuts, and fruit on the side to mix in as well as delicious whipped cream on top.  
I really enjoyed Acenar, the food was creative and tasty, and the atmosphere on the river walk was great.  
For more information on Acenar please click to their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment