Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Steaks

The best thing about having time off this summer was that I was able to spend time with family and friends that I don't normally have time to see.  If I do have time, it seems rushed.  I'm lucky enough to still have both sets of grandparents, and I was able to spend a few days with each of them.  My dad's parents spent a few days in Traverse City, and on one of their last days we went all out and made bacon wrapped filet steaks.  I pitched in and made the potatoes while my Grandma made the vegetables.  It was a delicious meal with great company! 
We wrapped each filet with a slice of bacon, and kept it all together with a toothpick.  Seasoned with front and back of the steaks with salt and pepper to taste and any other seasonings you enjoy on steak.  
Grandma putting some olive oil on each of the filets before we seared them on the stove and then put them on the grill.
Meanwhile a large pan of vegetables was cooking on the stove.
How great do these look?!
My Dad is awesome at the grill and cooked these to perfection.  I like mine really rare, and that's exactly how it was cooked.  I think if I had to eat one thing for the rest of my lives it would be steak and potatoes.  Delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment