Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Giovanni's Roadhouse - Traverse City, MI

It took my parents and I a little bit to find this place, but we were lucky we did.  My Mom had driven by Giovanni's and thought it looked good so we were on a mission!  It's a quaint restaurant, but in my experience those usually end up being the best.  I started with the caesar salad, it was creamy with homemade croutons.  Yum! 
My Dad tried the soup of the day.  Add a little crackers and what a perfect way to start out dinner.
My Mom and I shared their pasta special.  Pumpkin, mushroom tortellini with goat cheese and almonds.  It came in a light creamy sauce.  It was really tasty, and I was a little sad I split it because I could have eaten it all up by myself.  Then again.. it made sure I had room for dessert.
All three of us split two desserts, the carrot cake.  The cake had coconut shavings on top of the frosting which was interesting and very delicious.
And at the request of my Dad, we had to try the ice cream brownie sundae.  

Our whole meal was really great.  It's a low key place with really good food, can't go wrong with that.  See you back here tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment