Friday, December 28, 2012

Arrogant Butcher - Phoenix, AZ

C and I ventured to downtown Phoenix to try out The Arrogant Butcher for dinner one night and were not disappointed.  The menu is very diverse and the atmosphere was really cool.  I started with one of their interesting drinks: The After School Special, raspberry infused tequila, ginger agave, lime salt mixed with Modelo beer.  The taste was really different, and it was a bit strong for my taste, but I enjoy trying new drinks so it was still fun!
They have daily oyster specials and C had to try a few.  I'm not an oyster fan, but he really enjoyed them.
Dinner came with fresh bread and huge garlic cloves. I can never have enough garlic! 
I ordered the crab stuffed chicken which came with potatoes, spinach and lemon au jus.  It was really delicious! The breading on the chicken was crunchy and tasted great mixed with the crab.  Not going to lie, I was wishing the plate was a little bit bigger, it was so good I could have kept eating!
C ordered the sweet potato tortelli, which came with mushrooms, spinach and was topped with hazelnuts.  I was too consumed with my meal to take a bite of his, but he really liked it and he's a tough one to please. 

I really enjoyed this place, the atmosphere was really fun and it was nice to venture out of our normal stomping grounds and try somewhere new.  I hope to be back again very soon... hopefully they'll have plenty of stuffed chicken for me.

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment