Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Matt's Big Breakfast - Phoenix, AZ

Matt's Big Breakfast  has been my favorite find since I've moved to the Phoenix area thus far.  It's downtown Phoenix and C and I decided to venture there since we hadn't really been outside of the Tempe area.  I was surprised with how well taken care of the area was, and how clean.  For a downtown, it was really nice!  We had to wait outside for a while before we got a table, so if you can't stand the heat I would recommend waiting a few months.  As soon as I tried the juice the wait was worth it though.  Freshly squeezed orange juice for C, and it was honestly freshly squeezed.  Tastes so different from what you can buy at the store! 
I tried the honey lemonade and it was delicious.  I wish they had free refills because I would have drank about three of these huge glasses. 
I ordered the daily special.  It was eggs with bacon, spinach and feta cheese.  Served with home fries and a slice of toast.  The whole meal was delicious.  My favorite part was the bread, and I unfortunately don't have a picture of it!  It was homemade wheat bread, and unbelievably tasty.  
C ordered "The Five Spot" breakfast which was two eggs, bacon, cheese and onions on a bagel.  I was too full to try it but he ate every bite! 
Lastly they had sausage stuffed with maple syrup gooey stuff.  We ordered it just because it sounded so unique.  We were right, and it was delicious.

I am for sure going to be back.  Everything we had was fresh and delicious.  The menu and specials were creative and all must be tried.  If you're in the area please make sure you check MBB out!  See you back here tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment