Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Poor Richard's Cafe

About a week ago I was finally able to try out Poor Richard's Cafe in Plano. Make sure you take a look at their website for hours, because they are a little limiting, which is why it's taken me so long to get there.  I've read a ton of reviews saying they have the best homemade Texas breakfasts.  I was pretty impressed, and so was C.   
Some of you might not know (because maybe you've never seen the inside of my apartment) but I LOVE quotes.  They had framed quotes all over the restaurant, and on the menu.  I knew right then I was going to like this place.
They have a very large menu, which includes lunch and breakfasts.  I've been really into french toast lately, so that's what I ordered.  It came with your choice of eggs and some kind of meat, I had sausage.
Yes, I ate all of it.  The toast was amazing, and tasted perfect dipped in a little maple syrup.  The eggs and sausage were good as well, but I must admit were an after thought of the french toast. 
Curtis got chicken fried steak with french fries.  The sauce that they had on it was what made the whole meal.  I'm pretty sure he wanted to ask for more sides of the sauce, but didn't want to seem overly obsessed!  This was my first time tasting chicken fried steak, and it was very good!  I was happy to see that their breakfast and lunch food were equally as tasty.
C got a choice of bread or salad with his meal, he choose the jalapeno corn bread.  Although he wasn't a fan, if you like corn bread you would have really liked these.  They were very flaky and full of flavor.  I guess it's true that we Northerners just don't appreciate some of the southern cooking ;)

Overall, I really enjoyed Poor Richards, and hope to go back again soon.  Their menu has a lot of different things to offer and I saw a couple other things I'd like to try, so I'm sure they'll see my face again!  Click here for their website that has information on hours and their menu. 

I'll leave you with a quote from their menu:  "A man isn't poor if he can still laugh." 

Rating: 4 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment