Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Harrington's - Traverse City, MI

Trying new restaurants while I spend some time up in Traverse City has been so fun.  I have really enjoyed the area and the small, homegrown places to eat.  A bunch of us tried Harrington's By the Bay and  I was thoroughly impressed.  Recently I've been judging places on how well they make mojitos, before I even sit down to eat, and I knew as soon as I took the first sip that what was coming was going to live up to my expectations.  Warm bread and warm better (that's key) to start with.
C ordered the seafood pasta.  It came loaded with shrimp, halibut, clams and salmon all tossed with a light linguine sauce.  It was delicious! 
I ordered the filet Oscar.  I can't exactly remember when I first tried a steak served this way, but it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  Although not cheap, if a place has this on the menu I'm sure to order it.  Filet of steak served with lump crab, asparagus and a Bearnaise sauce on top.  Oh. My. God.
Yes, well deserving of two pictures.  I ate every bite, much to C's apprehensions.  Clearly he doesn't understand how much I love this meal.
Couple others in the group got prime rib with a lobster tail to split.  The portions were large and this was a great meal for two people.

The service here was awesome, and the food matched.  Everything we ordered was great.  I hope to be back very soon, make sure you wait for me Oscar!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment