Monday, September 17, 2012

The Cove Restaurant - Leland, Michigan

As you may or may not have known, I've spent the past month or so in Michigan. Spending my time all around the state visiting family and friends, going to weddings, catching up and enjoying being outside in August and September!  Today, I head back to Phoenix, and it's a little bittersweet.  I've really missed C and Mia, but nothing beats Michigan.  Especially Michigan in the summer!  In honor of spending the last weeks at the Cove (nickname for our cottage), today my post is about the restaurant The Cove in Leland Michigan.  A friend of mine sent me this article about Mario Batali spending his summers in Traverse City and that the Cove was one of his favorite places to eat.  We had to try it out!  Even the wine glasses were Cove themed.
Their speciality is their fresh fish, caught in Lake Michigan, which you can see from the restaurant if you sit outside.  Their menu has a lot of other great things to offer as well though.
The fish dinners include Caesar salad, yum!
Garlic rolls also included, you can taste the freshness of the bread.  Got me more and more excited for the meal!
My Mom ordered the almond whitefish.  I had to try and taste and it delicious!
My friend Ashley and I both ordered the garlic Parmesan white fish.  It came served with mashed potatoes and the fresh seasonal vegetable, which was corn on the cob.  It was so good!  You could tell the whole meal was very fresh, and made with love.  It was a large piece of fish, but I ate every bite.  
Mom, Ashley and I after our dinner
Here's the Mario Batali article framed inside the restaurant.

Thanks to The Cove for a great fresh meal, and for the Cove (cottage) and my parents for a great time in Michigan!  Until next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment