Monday, January 28, 2013

Nutella French Toast

I've been using my homemade nutella in as many ways as I possibly can and it's been nothing but awesome.  One morning I had a craving to make french toast, and thought the Nutella would be a perfect topping or stuffing for it.  Turns out I was right! 
I started by making the traditional french toast.  Soaked in milk, some vanilla, cinnamon, etc.  I've been adding a hint of whatever flavor of coffee creamer I have in the house as well and it always adds a little extra flavor that I enjoy.  Soak whatever bread of your choice in the mixture for 30 seconds.
Heat a medium sized skillet to medium heat.  Cook the french toast pieces individually until browned on both sides.
Yum!!! After each piece of toast finished cooking I spread a layer of the Nutella until all the toast was ready.
Topped off with a little powdered sugar and fresh strawberries and what a great breakfast.  The hazelnut spread added to the vanilla mixture on the toast is a great combination.  This breakfast is sure to start any day out right.  Enjoy!

Nutella French Toast
Serves 2

4-6 pieces of bread
Nutella or homemade Nutella
your favorite french toast mixture - I recommend this recipe.

Soak thickly sliced bread in the french toast mixture for at least 30 seconds.
Heat a medium sized skillet to medium heat.  
Cook the french toast pieces individually until browned on both sides.
After each piece of toast finished cooking spread a layer of the Nutella until all the toast is ready.
Topped off with a little powdered sugar and fresh strawberries. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment