Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WheatFields Eatery & Bakery - Omaha, NE

As a passionate foodie I love traveling to new cities and trying out the local restaurants.  When the conference was over on Saturday we went to the Old Town area of Omaha, and I LOVED it.  All old buildings with cute stores and restaurants.  One of the places we stumbled upon was WheatFields.  We hadn't eaten dinner yet, but I thought we could take some things to eat later for dessert. 
There were so many options, it was not an easy choice.  I even asked one of the staff what they would recommend and she said about 5 different things, so it was very hard to narrow down.
Cakes, pies, cookies..oh my.
I finally decided on two things.  The strawberry cake which was super delicious. 
And a frosted sugar cookie.  Both were so tasty, I had to share with everyone and was a little upset I didn't get more! 
Finally, I had to get Mia a present and they happen to have dog treats.  I couldn't help myself, and she was so excited to try new treats.  It took her approximately 3 seconds to eat it.  I take that as a sign she liked it!

If you look at their website there are a couple different locations around Omaha, so if you're around the area please make sure to check them out.  They also serve dinner and lunch.  Thanks for the great treats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment