Monday, June 25, 2012

Ye Ole Butcher Shop - Plano, TX

It's officially my last week in Dallas.  C is flying back from Arizona on Friday and the drive begins Saturday morning.  It's going to be a busy week of tying everything up, but I'm getting more and more excited by the day.  I'm dedicating this whole week to posts about the Dallas area, things I'll miss and some final restaurant reviews.  Starting with Ye Ole Butcher Shop, which was literally a block away from where I've been living  for the past year and I just now finally ventured in.  We went when C's parents were in town for his graduation, and it was a great lunch!  We got a kick out of the decor, and C's Mom found a furry friend :) 
I had to laugh at this little tid-bit on the bottom of their menu.  No veggie burgers here! 
Along with lunch they serve breakfast, dessert, and fresh cut meat for you to take home and cook however you wish!  Did I mention the employees were super friendly?  I knew it was going to be tasty before I even ordered.
They had a pretty extensive menu, and it was hard to narrow down.  I decided on a hot sliced turkey sandwich, or the "I'm a Turkey." 
Everyone else got burgers and were not disappointed.  Yum! 
This reminded me of leftover Thanksgiving turkey, but better.  It was so delicious, messy and amazing.  The fries were really great too, which is always bonus points with me.  This place is a little off the beaten path, but for sure worth a trip if you want some home cooking! 
Check out their website here, and try not to get too hungry. 

Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment