Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The best meal for one!

I graduated college three years ago this past December, it seems like yesterday, ouch!  I rushed into the real world pretty quickly, mainly because I knew I wouldn't survive living with my parents for over a few weeks. No offense Mom and Dad, but you know how it is.  The biggest adjustments for me were moving away from all of my friends, into a city I had been maybe twice, and moving into my very own apartment.... which implies eating alone.  That took some getting used to. 
I really enjoy cooking and baking, but we all know it's very difficult to make a meal for only one.  I'm not the biggest fan of leftovers, so this proves even more difficult for me.  Luckily, one lazy Saturday afternoon I stumbled upon these mini pizza crusts at the grocery store, and fell in love.  They come two in a package, and are perfect for a one person meal. 

Another great thing about this recipe is as long as I have the crust in my freezer, I can usually create some type of pizza with whatever ingredients I have in my fridge at the time.  For sauce, I use whatever pasta sauce I have open at the time, or if I have any leftover homemade sauce, that works well too!
I slice up whatever veggies I have in my fridge and sprinkle them on.  This time I used green peppers, red peppers, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes.
Then comes the best part: cheese!  Again, I use whatever I have in my fridge.  I'm a fan of Sargento cheese, because it tastes good, and they also have reduced fat options. Above I used the reduced fat Colby-Jack.  I usually also sprinkle some pepper on top for extra flavor.
Yum!!  Like I said above, I'm not usually a fan of leftovers, but this actually tastes just as good the next day as when it was pulled straight out of the oven.  I'm not going to lie, I can eat the whole thing by myself, but if you're looking for a lighter option, half the pizza with a salad will be just as filling!

Pizza for one
1 - 8" pizza crust *I use Boboli, but you can pick your favorite obviously!
Whatever sauce you have in the fridge
Mushrooms
Green peppers
Red peppers
Onions
Tomatoes
Shredded cheese
Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
Coat pizza crust with however much sauce you desire.
Add veggies - again whatever veggies you like, or add ground meat - anything you add will taste good!
Add cheese and pepper to taste.
Cook for about 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Let sit for a few minutes to cool, slice up and serve!

Benissimo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment