Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To Trying New Things!

Hello out there!! Officially the start of my very own blog, very exciting and makes me a little nervous!  I guess I will start with a little about myself. 
I was born and raised in the Midwest; Michigan to be specific.  I attended college at Michigan State and graduated with a degree in retailing and public relations about four years ago, time flies!  After school I moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin to begin working in the retail industry.  After spending a little over two years there, I moved to Dallas, Texas.  The main reason for my re-location to the south was my boyfriend, who is also from Michigan, but had moved down to Texas for work after he graduated.  We dated for around a year and a half long distance, and when the opportunity came up for me to switch companies and make the long trek down to Texas, I jumped at the chance!  I have been here for about six months now, and am slowly but surely getting used to living so far away from everything I've ever known.  I am really loving the "winter" weather though.
At this point I can't really tell you exactly what my blog will be about.  I can tell you that I love cooking and baking. I'm best at desserts, but would like to broaden my horizons (hoping the blog will help with that!) I am new to the city, so I'm sure I'll talk about missing the Midwest, and the new things I'm discovering about Texas and myself. 
I hope you will enjoy the ride with me, even if I'm not positive where I'm going.

Mackinac Bridge connecting the upper and lower peninsulas in Michigan. 

 
Side note: I will warn you, I'm horrible at spelling and grammar.  Never been my thing!  Either way, please excuse if I have some grammar mistakes, and feel free to correct me (constructively) in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment