Wednesday, February 16, 2011

10 More Minutes...

Since you guys can't see me, I thought I would give you an image of what I look like today.  I don't know what it is about this week, it can't go by fast enough, and most importantly I can't seem to get enough sleep.  Now, in all fairness, I'm a HUGE fan of sleep on a normal basis.  I get very cranky if I don't get my full 8 1/2 hours.  Every once and while I go through phases where I just can't get up, coffee doesn't work, and 10 more minutes turns into 20-30 more minutes.  This week seems to be one of those phases... Saturday morning/afternoon cannot come fast enough!
Let me just express how much I love my bed.  It's just makes me smile because I've had so many good times there.  Get your mind out of the gutter; I'm talking about nights of 9+ hours of sleep.  I read an article once talking about how the average person needs 7 1/2 to 8 hours of sleep every night.  They recommended that you find out how long you need to sleep.  To do this, you are supposed to go to bed at a normal hour, and simply wake up naturally, and see how many hours you slept.  I did this twice just to make sure I got an accurate read.  Turns out, I need between 9 and 9 hours and 15 minutes of sleep.  Sounds kind of ridiculous, but I did a true test and those were the results.  What can I say?!
Favorite part of my bed is my pillow.  C got me this for my birthday last year and it's the best thing ever.  It's a memory foam pillow, one side is flat and the other is kind of rippled, and it forms to your head/neck.  I've gotten very spoiled because now it's difficult for me to get a good night's sleep without my magical pillow.  They aren't cheap.  If I had never slept on one, there would be no way I would walk into a store and lay down that kind of money, but now that I have my very own, it is SO worth it.    
Also wanted to give a shout out to my fuzzy, soft blanket.  I found this at Restoration Hardware, and it seriously is the softest blanket ever.  Luckily, for me (since I bought a white one) they get softer as you wash them.  I bought one for C and he's enjoying his as well.  I wish I could carry it around with me, it's so comfortable!    
Even though I won't be going to bed after I post this, don't I wish, I bid you sweet dreams until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment