Thursday, February 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies

Yesterday was the perfect day for baking, I had nothing else to do but stay inside and make tasty creations; which is exactly what I did!  I'm a little obsessed with Nutella, and have a hard time not eating it directly out of the jar.  So, in my effort to actually eat them in or on something other than a spoon, I made these peanut butter Nutella cookies.  The peanut butter cookies are the normal holiday favorite that you put a chocolate chip in, but I changed it up and added Nutella instead. 
Start by beating together butter and peanut butter until it becomes fluffy.
Add 1/4 cup of sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, an salt.  Pour gradually into the peanut butter mixture.  I added half, beat until combined, then added the final half.
This would be a good time to take a taste of the dough.  You'll like it, I promise!
Roll into 1 inch balls, and coat with the remaining sugar.
I love Nutella's chocolate hazelnut goodness!
Place on a non-stick cookie pan, (or spray with Pam like I did.)  Press a hole in the middle with your thumb, and fill with Nutella.  My advice here would be to add more Nutella than fits in the thumb print.  The print will expand when they bake, so if you have a little extra Nutella it will fill in better.  Cook for around 11 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Peanut butter is great with anything, but the chocolate hazelnut flavor mixes up this classic cookie perfectly.  It made around 30 cookies for me, and that was around 10 cookies not enough!


Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter *I added a little more, because you can never have enough peanut butter!
1/4 cup sugar - plus three tablespoons to roll dough in
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Nutella - you won't even use 1/8 of the jar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Beat together butter and peanut butter until fluffy.
Add 1/4 cup of sugar and all of brown sugar, beat until smooth.
Beat in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking soda, and dash of salt together in a separate bowl. 
Add to peanut butter mixture gradually, and mix until smooth.
Pull pieces and roll into one inch balls.  Roll in remaining sugar.
Place on a non-stick cookie sheet. 
With your thumb make a hole in the middle. 
Fill with Nutella.
Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment