Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Big Green

I wanted to share a some pictures from my trip out to Dartmouth to see my brother graduate.  It was a great weekend filled with family, memories, and some new friends.  I was so happy I was able to go and see him graduate into the real world, although I did try and convince him to stay in college! "They never listen..." ;)
My Mom, through one of her many connections, found a house for all of us to fit in for the weekend.  Suzanne, the owner, rents out two houses on her property in Woodstock, Vermont.  Please take a look at her website by clicking here.  My Mom first found Suzanne because she was looking to do a walking tour around the Woodstock area, and that's exactly what Suzanne does.  The houses are both beautiful and the views are beyond words, even in rain.  Suzanne joined us for lunch the first day I was there, and was a great addition to the group.  I encourage anyone who's thinking about taking a trip out east to check out her walking tours and accomodations. 
My Grandma and one of my Aunts from my Mom's side, as well as both my Grandma and Grandpa from my Dad's side were able to all be there.  It was so nice to have us all under one roof, as it doesn't happen very often.
The house was very pretty, and had a ton of nooks and crannies to be explored.  I really loved this old barn door that led to my room.
My Mom arranged for a personal chef to come in and make us lunch.  Much more on that to come (oh my god, the food was so amazing.)  Here are her and my brother as we're about to eat!
My brother's hockey frat held a "BBQ" for the graduates and their families.  The reason why I have BBQ in quotations is because apparently that means white table clothes, linen napkins and salmon, which to me is not a true BBQ, but they're east coasters so I let it slide ;) 

More pictures to come... 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment