Friday, June 24, 2011

Desserts... again.

I have one more dessert recipe for you this week, but man oh man it's a good one!  The is the final recipe I'll give you from my Central Market cooking class; chocolate ganache.  First, I do want to prove to you that I didn't just east desserts all night.  We did have some dinner before we got down to business.  I loved these flowers too, Central Market has a great flower selection and I thought this was a proud display for us to enjoy while in our class!
Can't really go wrong with salami and cheese.
Add some carbs and a small salad and I was good to go.  And by go I mean ready to chow down on dessert.  :)
I was so hungry I used three spoons all for myself.  Just kidding!!  This was a bowl of ganache that they had made ahead of time, chilled and we rolled them into truffles.
In this case we made truffles with the ganache, but you can do many other things with it too.  The plan was rolling the chocolate in either nuts or cocoa. 
And we were off!  I'm not sure which I liked better, both were creamy and delicious.
This is a great finger dessert to make if you're having people over, also great as a little gift.  Plus they look like they took a lot of work - when in reality you didn't have to do that much, which is always a plus.
There are a lot of additions you could make to these too.  We used just chocolate and heavy cream, but you could also add brandy or triple sec.  You can also use bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, which ever you prefer. 
Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Ganache into Truffles
Adapted from: Central Market cooking school
1.1 pounds of semi sweet chocolate
2 cups of heavy cream

Bring heavy cream to a boil over a double boiler.
Pour over chocolate in a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
Strain through a sieve.
Put in a bowl without covering and put into fridge.
Take out of the fridge and roll into balls, you must work fast as the chocolate comes down to room temperature very fast.
Roll in nuts, cocoa power, or whatever you wish.


1 comment: