Monday, June 27, 2011

Cheese & Pepper Pasta




I hope you all had a great weekend!!  Tomorrow I'm posting an awesome kabob recipe, but today wanted to share what I ate with the kabobs.  I got the recipe from Elaine over at The Italian Dish, she lives in Michigan, which automatically makes me like her.  Most importantly though, her pictures are amazing, and her recipes are authentic Italian. Please take a look at her blog, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 
I always like trying new things from Target, as I think their Archer Farms line always has new and interesting products.  I decided to try some of their organic whole wheat spaghetti for this recipe.  It was great, and I couldn't tell the difference between this and the more expensive pasta imported from Italy.
Boil pasta in a pot with salted water until cooked al dente.
A minute or so before the pasta is finished cooking, heat the olive oil and pepper in a medium pan.
Grate around a cup and a half of fresh Parmesan cheese and set aside to add to the pasta.  I highly recommend using fresh, it makes such a huge difference in taste.
Once the pasta has finished cooking in the pot of water, drain, and place into the pan with the olive oil.  Toss until well combined.  Keep the pasta water!!
Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until combined and melted.  Add a tablespoon or so of the pasta water to make it easier to combine.
This pasta has very little ingredients in it, but the simplicity is the best part; it's light but full of flavor.  Make sure when you go to make this you have good pasta, fresh ground pepper, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and you won't be disappointed!
This is C's perfect bite, it does look pretty yummy.  Tomorrow I'll show you mine so you can compare.  Happy Monday everyone!


Cheese and Pepper Pasta
Adapted from: The Italian Dish
8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
3 tablepsoons olive oil
2 teaspoons freshly cracked ground pepper
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan reggiano cheese

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and boil the spaghetti until al dente.
In a large skillet heat the olive oil and pepper.
Saute gently for a couple of minutes.
Once the pasta is cooked drain and place into the skillet. *Keep the pasta water
Swirl to coat the pasta with the olive oil and pepper.
Add the cheese and continue swirling to cat.  
Add a tablespoon or so of the pasta water until everything is well combined.
Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment