Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chicken Kabobs (minus skewers)

Can you believe it's almost the 4th of July?  I'm on a time crunch to get my red/white/blue dessert done, but hopefully I'll pull it off and be able to share it with all of you.  Kabobs are the perfect summer meal if you ask me, so I thought I'd share a great recipe for grilled kabobs that you might try for the holiday weekend.  I had pre-made chicken kabobs in my fridge from Central Market, but you could put these together yourself very easily.  We had some technical difficulties due to the wooden skewers breaking, so this isn't as pretty as I would like, but either way they were still delicious.
These kabobs had chicken, green and red peppers, onion, and zucchini slices.  You could use pieces of beef or shrimp, as the marinade would taste great on pretty much anything. 
Place around four tablepsoons of honey in a medium sized bowl.
Add oil, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
Mix together until well combined.
I placed the kabobs in a 9x13 inch baking dish and poured the marinade over them and let them soak overnight.  Turn them at least once to make sure the other side has a few hours to soak.
This is where we had to go "off roading" and just take everything off the skewers since we couldn't really flip them anymore due to the broken skewers.  FYI if this happens to you, putting everything in a little foil packet works just as good as on the grill!  Cook them on the grill for around 10 minutes, flipping at least once, until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. 
Serve immediately.  I served with cheese and pepper pasta, which I posted about yesterday.
As promised, here's a photo of my perfect bite.  Which one looks better mine or C's?  I guess you need to be the judge because I'm a little biased.  Take a look at his bite by clicking here. These kabobs were so great, they were full of flavor, and the perfect summer dinner! 

Chicken Kabobs
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons pepper
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Pour the marinade over kabobs and let soak overnight.  
*If you can't do overnight, at least 2 hours.
Turn once around half way through marinading.
Cook on the grill or in the stove until chicken is cooked through.
Serve immediately, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like the perfect summer meal! Thanks for sharing and Happy Grilling!
    Karriann Graf
    http://creativecookingcorner.com

    ReplyDelete