Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Great Lunch from Laura

More pictures from my trip to Dartmouth, hope you guys aren't tired of them yet!  The last two posts I have are all about the food though, so they should be right up your alley.  We were very lucky to have Laura Lenart, a personal chef serving the Woodstock and Barnard areas of Vermont, cook lunch for us.  She did such a great job, everything she made tasted amazing.  Plus, she was so nice and accommodating!  If you live around the area, and need personal chef services make sure you look her up, you'll thank me! 
I snuck a couple pictures of the food while she was cooking.  Although I wasn't sure how she was going to put everything together I was still pretty excited to try everything.  She had some homemade tomato sauce simmering on the stove.
She also had shrimp cooking on the stove.  Yum!
Laura cooking up her fine meal!
First course was shrimp with pasta and tomato sauce.  She used flaked red pepper and it gave the dish a kick.
Next was a salad with fruit and feta cheese.  I'm not sure what the dressing was, seemed kind of like a balsamic vinaigrette, but better. 
Main course was chicken and vegetables.  She had pre-grilled the chicken before she brought it over, so I'm not sure of her secret, but it tasted amazing.
This was the dessert Laura brought over, I couldn't wait to dig in.
Waiting in anticipation as she plated slices of the cake...
Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.  It was rich and I couldn't stop eating it.
And you better believe I ate every bite!  
Thanks to Laura for a great lunch, hopefully I will have the opportunity to try her cooking again soon.  If any of you have the pleasure of tasting her creations, I'm jealous, but I'm glad you got to enjoy it as well! 

Happy Hump Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment