Friday, July 29, 2011

Pomegranate Swirl Popsicles

One more step toward making homemade ice cream - popsicles. I found a huge article in a magazine recently with all kinds of popsicle ideas; so I combined a couple ingredients that sounded good, and made my own version. Enter pomegranate yogurt popsicles, healthy and tasty!
Very little ingredients needed for this recipe; Greek yogurt and pomegranate juice.  I also added some sugar so the yogurt flavor wouldn't be too sour.
Begin by filling the popsicle holders 3/4 of the way full of pomegranate juice.
I mixed the Greek yogurt with some sugar, and then filled the popsicle holders up the rest of the way with the yogurt.
Swirl together so the juice mixes with the yogurt.  Freeze for around eight hours.
Believe it or not there are only around 50 calories in one of these.  It's a great dessert, without going overboard.  Plus it takes not even 10 minutes to assemble, so you can make them the night before and enjoy the next day.  Perfect summer indulgence!  
I'm off to the Midwest for a long awaited reunion with a bunch of families I grew up with, and am so excited to spend some quality time with old friends!  Plus, I get to sit outside without sweating, might even need a sweatshirt; excited doesn't even begin to cover it.  I will be back August 8th, and look forward to sharing more recipes with you then.  Have a great weekend and week everyone :)

Pomegranate Swirl Popsicles
Serves 4
8 oz pomegranate juice
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup of sugar

Combine the Greek yogurt and the sugar well.
Fill the popsicle holders 3/4 full of pomegranate juice.
Fill the rest of the holder with the yogurt and sugar mixture.
Stir to combine the juice and the yogurt.
Freeze for 8 hours, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment